Sunday, 11 October 2015

Painting around corners

I have spent the last few months helping my little dachshund recover from a spine operation so I haven't been on here much. He is doing really well and is now walking, bless him. The bottle brick build had to come to a stop even though i only have about three more rows to build, but the tarpaulin is now on and covering it until next spring. I started doing an oil painting yesterday on a block of wood I had. I wanted to make the skin tone green, it's a different technique and I wasn't really comfortable painting in this style but I wanted to try something new. I decided to paint the sides too making it more 3D.


Here is the finished painting.







4 comments:

northsider dave said...

You are a very talented painter BG.

Anne Wilson said...

Glad to hear that your little dog is now recovering. Lovely painting.

Bedford Gypsy said...

Thank you both Dave and Anne :)

Audra said...

Stunning.