Monday, 9 March 2015

Bottle brick flower bed

Yesterday I decided to make a little flower bed in the corner near the path. I made it from old bottles, similar the the herb garden. It's only two bottles high but it is big enough for what I need it for. Once it's dried I will fill it with compost and plant it.

The vegetable boxes are now planted, this year I'll be trying to grow raspberries, strawberries, apples, pears,carrots,runner and dwarf beans, kohl rabi, radishes, aubergines, rainbow beetroot and celeriac.i also have cress, sprouting trays and spinach beet in the greenhouse. In my herb garden there's thyme, ransoms,rosemary, sage,coriander,tarragon, oregano, lemon balm, bay leaves and chives. My medicinal and edible plants include st.johns wort, fever few, lavender,wormwood, goji, lime, comfrey, gorse and roses. It's quite a big attempt as I am not really very good and gardening, but if you don't try you'll never succeed.
I had a little bit of mortar left over so started to build up the sides of the little campfire, although it's not quite finished.


No comments: