Monday, 18 November 2013

We now have a footbridge.

I was given two really long planks from a Friend of mine to make a footbridge with so I dug either side of the ditch and laid them down, there's room for one more if I can Find another one to match. It has made a smashing little footbridge at the end of the field/wood.
It's quite springy to walk over but it does the job. I added a gate and now I just have to clear the shrubs and brambles to make way for the door in the hedge side. It makes a second entrance to the wood.

We had a bonfire at the weekend clearing away the rubbish left over from when we had the ditch cleared out to make way for the tree planting. I think we are added about 200 trees so it will feel like a proper wood then.

1 comment:

Ronnie (RR) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.