Friday, 18 October 2013

The making of the fire-pit

Earlier this week our washing machine broke, and I had an idea ......to make a fire-pit out of the old drum. The hardest part was getting it out, but I did it eventually and started digging a hole.
I used eleven regraded house bricks and half a bag of 10mm stone which came to about £5. The old dustbin lid is to shut it off if ever I need to put it out before it burns out, and to keep the rain out when not in use. I love it......cooking on it is in the next blog.

2 comments:

Audra said...

Ingenious!

Bedford Gypsy said...

Thank you Audra, I looked at your blog but unfortunately I could not see any of your photos.